Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Imternet Service

  1. #1
    Inactive Member PVVikeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,188
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Imternet Service

    As some of you know I have been having some problems with my Adelphia service. I called Verizon and made arrangements to have DSL up and running on the 7th. When I called Adelphia to have my service with them stopped on that day they did their typical "dog and pony show" camparing the two. They said DSL in this area would not be as fast and I would have problems with the service. Of course Verizon said exactly the opposite.

    I'm confused. Has anybody had service with both companies? How good is DSL in this area? Is it slower or faster than cable?
    _________________________________________________________
    HOW'S THAT HOPE AND CHANGE WORKING OUT FOR YA ??????

  2. #2
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Imternet Service

    All i can tell you bub is i had Adelphia once and it was a mess. It was early on but i use my internet to correspond with my boss, so it's a have to type thing at times.
    And when i called Adelphia, well i got the same dog you routine. I finally just told the man. Cut it off i don't want it and i don't like your service, end of conversation, i will be returning you items.
    I've not heard of anyone having a problem with Verizon other than what they had with Adelphia in the beginning, but have heard Verizon is better.
    Everyone will have their different ideas. And i do think some of it depends on locations and honestly the companies not updating their equipment to handle the volume of customers.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Imternet Service

    All I can tell you is that I have Verizon DSL and I could not be happier. I've never had cable service, but If you're worried about how fast a page like this one loads, you couldn't be any happier with the way Verizon works.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  4. #4
    Inactive Member PVVikeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,188
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Imternet Service

    The conversation I had with Adelphia left me feeling like a victim. I am paying 42.95 plus 3.00 for the modem. 45.95 per month for something that may work when you need it or it may not. When I told the guy I wanted to cancel he went off. He said I had been a loyal customer and he couldn't understand why I wanted to leave. I informed him I had been a much better customer than they had been a service.

    What really got me mad was he told me I could have the service for 24.95. I told him I didn't want it for any price because it sucks. But if I could have had it for 24.95 why have I paid 45.95 all this time? I just don't like a company that does business like that. It is like they will overcharge you for as long as you will allow them to and then make it seem like they are doing you a favor by lowering the rate.

    GOODBYE ADELPHIA
    May you never darken my internet enjoyment again
    _________________________________________________________
    HOW'S THAT HOPE AND CHANGE WORKING OUT FOR YA ??????

  5. #5
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Imternet Service

    Adelphia has become a joke in the business world. Their former Pres and his son ruined the business.
    I know they tried the same with me. Drop the price? I was ok. Let me ask a question. Im paying this but you will drop the price? Is that not a rip off?
    The man went off on me. And i told him cancel it and i'll have the equipment at your Norton office tomorrow when it opens.
    3 months later i was late getting a cable bill in by 3 days i got a call saying my cable would be cut off? I said oh but a few months ago i was a valued customer, now your gonna cut my cable off. I said well the check is in the mail, and cut it off, i'll add to your court problems, i don't mind you charging me a late fee. But this is ridiculous.
    And if you think about it if you have cable well it's what Adelphia here locally so you take their internet their making a forturne off of you.
    Then treat you like that. To tell you your a valued customer but talk to you like you owe them, for services that you are already paying them for.
    I think they forget their the supplier not the customer.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Seventy4's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 22nd, 2005
    Posts
    268
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Imternet Service

    I have had Verizon since they first put service into the area. I was looking at getting Adlelphia when they put in cable modem, but I decided I would do a test run with them first on the digital cable. I signed up for it, paid them a small fortune and then got service about 2 weeks later. They set up a time of 9 am for installation, so when they didn't show up by noon, I took off. There was a note on my door that they were there at 6 PM. I called them the next day and asked that they call me they are coming, the lady at the office told me that it would be sometime in the morning. I get a call at 2pm saying the guy is on his way. He shows up at 4:00 and is done by 4:15.

    I am very unhappy with Adelphia as a cable provider, I would NEVER let them touch my internet!

    And centralizing their offices with that 800 number is the dumbest thing they could have done, their customer service went from bad to pitiful.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Imternet Service

    The internet service problem with Adelphia is apparently a local one.
    My Adelphia in Blacksburg has been running fine without any issues at all (for 7 years!).
    My Adelphia in Norton has sucked eggs recently.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Big_AL's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2002
    Posts
    767
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Imternet Service

    to be honest my dsl is faster than my cousins cable. we tested both using a test site and mine was over a 1,000 numbers better than his.
    "Take em one at a time and everything else will take care of itself"...Ole Tob

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Widespread_Panic's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2004
    Posts
    325
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Imternet Service

    I had Adelphia when I lived in Blacksburg and it was good, but the prices kept increasing for no reason. Plus, they would have the occassional outages that would get fixed after a couple of hours. When I moved to Wise I signed up for Verizon DSL and I haven't had any problems. As far as speed, I would say they are both the same but the DSL is more reliable and the price has stayed the same. I would definitely recommend Verizon's DSL service over Adelphia.
    The test is simple, if "your" team wins a national championship, do you get a championship ring? If the answer is yes, then you can say "we." If not, you can't.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Internet Service

    ohh, the pain. I'm still on dial-up
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •